- Costume and accessories appropriate to the chosen variation, make-up/hair appropriate to the role.
- The general score of the judge compared to the entire artistic moment
min 6 - max 10 points
min 3 - max 10 points
min 1 - max 10 points
SOLO, DUO, TRIO
max 02:30 minutes
max 04:30 minutes
Judging your own school is NOT allowed in the #UDSR competitions.
When one of the jurors has his own dance school present on stage, his tablet with the judging system is blocked, and the HeadJudge becomes active and notes that moment.
The dancer can register a maximum of TWO moments from the same age/experience category
Only the artistic moment with the highest score is rewarded
If more than 30 moments are recorded in the SOLO section from the same age/experience category. the age category is divided for each year separately
EXAMPLE: The category of 7-9 years, Classical Ballet, Solo, PRO will be transformed into 7 years, 8 years, 9 years. The date of birth of each participant will be taken into account on the day of the competition and will be awarded as such
If more than 12 moments are recorded in the same dance/age/experience category, a TOP6 will be organized in which the first six dancers with the highest scores will dance the moment once more to be definitively scored by the judges
If one of the dancers qualifies with two moments danced in TOP6, only the moment with the highest number of points is taken into account, and instead of the second moment, the next dancer ranked in the final is taken into account
Children under the age of 12 cannot participate on the pointe
Children over the age of 12 can participate on the pointe, and the artistic moment is noted in the same category as the one performed on the flexible ones
All artistic moments performed by girls are awarded separately from those performed by boys in all dance categories
If there will be moments where there will be no competition for the age category and the respective choreographic component, they will have to fight for a score as high as possible.
The awards for these moments will be made according to the following scale of points for occupying a place on the podium:
120 - 105 pts > first place
104,5 - 90 PTS > second place
89,5 - 75 PTS > third place
* This rule will not apply when there will be at least two moments for the same age category and choreographic component.
- Approaching a classical variation from ballets such as: Swan Lake, The Nutcracker, Sleeping Beauty, where elements of technique and classical style will be used.
- PAS DE DEUX - The category includes choreographies from the classical repertoire that are represented by adagio and coda. Pas de deux is danced by a pair consisting of a boy and a girl. Representative pas de deux: Swan Lake, The Nutcracker, Coppelia, Fille mal gardee, Harlequiniade, Saranella, Don Quixote, etc.
folklore / Character Dance
- Folkloric dances are the dances specific to each individual nation and are particularly diverse, starting from Romanian, Jewish, Turkish and up to country or Georgian dance.
- Stylized folklore is a piece of folkloric inspiration, where the style is largely preserved, intervening in a small proportion at the choreographic level with a mix of other classical (character, mime or pantomime) or modern (jazz, urban, acro) styles , etc.).
- The character dance represents that component extracted from the famous classical ballets, which is based on a detailed study of authentic stylized steps towards the classical area.
- The character dance can be found in ballets such as: Swan Lake, The Nutcracker, Raymonda, The Corsair, etc., which brings more dynamics and diversity to the choreographic scores.
- Character dances are: tarantella, csardas, mazurka, Spanish, Russian, Gypsy, Oriental, Chinese, etc.
This regulation was drawn up by the members of the Ballet & Contemporary Judging Commission made up of:
This Regulation is the intellectual property of UDSR - Union of Social Dances in Romania.
The use, copying and reproduction of the regulation outside the UDSR activity area, without the written consent of the legal representatives with the right to sign, is TOTALLY FORBIDDEN.